The Hiboy Max Electric scooter is a step up from your conventional rides. Being one of the underrated scooters in the market I saw the scooter getting quite some attention and after testing it out for myself, I agree that it has earned every bit of praise it has received till now.
The Hiboy packs a lot of features that bring an equally number of quality of life changes into your riding experience. You have a headlight for those late evening strolls and a state of the art app that keeps track of your activity. I am a number geek and prefer to keep track of usage data of my gadgets for later comparison.
So I took the Hiboy Max for a ride and after a month here is what I have to say. Note that the app has enabled me to provide data without having to do the math for myself, which is an awful lot of convenience. So without further ado, let’s jump into the Hiboy MAX Electric Scooter review.
General Specs of Hiboy Max Electric scooter :
The Hiboy Max Electric scooter at a glance :
- Packs a walloping 350W motor and a 36V battery to feed the giant beast
- Charging time usually takes between 4-6 hours deepening on how much charge is left
- Vibrant LED display, fairly visible during daytime
- Consists of a sturdy frame with aluminum alloy coupled together with PC-ABS
- The tires are made of rubber which is a downgrade from the non-pneumatic ones but it’s still high quality nonetheless
- Wheel size is also decent at 8.5 inches and holds its own on rough roads but I wouldn’t push it too far as the rubber tires can cause balance problems
- The scooter comes with three riding modes, the Beginner Mode(9.3mph), Normal mode(13.6mph) and the Sports mode(18.6mph)
- The loading capacity remains the same asmost of the scooters(55-220lbs)
- The scooter also comes with Cruise mode allowing for a better and more optimized battery consumption
- The Hiboy Max electric scooter also comes with an app that connects with the scooter via Bluetooth. It lets you check the scooter before every use and even enables you control the cruise mode directly from within the app.
Quality and design of Hiboy Max Electric scooter
The Hiboy Max sports one of the most attractive designs in the market. The reinforced aluminum PC-ABS chassis results in superior build quality. You can take the scooter on an adventure without the fear of breaking it anytime soon.
At the top, you have the LED display, the brakes and the LED headlights which illuminate a significant area in front of the scooter. They are not the most powerful of the bunch but they get the job done and provides ample vision during late night strolls around the neighborhood.
At the base of the stem, you have the locking mechanism, the brake wires, and the front wheel shockers. The design is beautifully executed and the matte black finish gives a premium vibe making the scooter appear more expensive than it actually is.
Asembly for Hiboy Max Electric scooter
Assembling and reassembling the Hiboy Max is effortless.
- Firstly, you must press down on the folding mechanism with your feet
- Raise the stem until you hear a click. You can rest the scooter on its stand or beside a wall
- Get the Allen wrench from the kit and tighten the brakes once you’ve installed it
- To install the two handles, rotate them in a counterclockwise direction. Check the power to see if your Hiboy is on or off.
- You can also download the app(available on both iOS and Android) and pair your ride with your phone.
- Charge up the scooter, check the stats on the app and you’re good to go.
Performance for Hiboy Max Electric scooter
The powerful 350W motors handle everything you throw at it with relative ease. You can scale slopes with up to 15-degree elevations with ease. the Hiboy Max electric scooter shines where other scooters lag behind.
With a maximum range of ~17 miles and a speed of 18.6mph, the scooter delivers better than average performance. However, during my usage I found the performance to be tad underwhelming.
I was riding the scooter over 3-5 degree slopes at 10mph. The battery died out at 10miles which was a minor disappointment. The scooter doesn’t meet all the claimed criteria, especially where speed and mileage is concerned. You can thank the extra weight of the scooter for the setback. But it only goes to show the overall build quality of the ride, so you can’t complain there as well.
Battery life and charging time
The battery will last approximately 15-18 miles based on your usage, less if you flash the headlights on bewildered bystanders.
The charging time varies from 4-6 hours depending on the total traveled distance. Usually scooters at this range require roughly 4hours to charge up. So naturally I thought the extra 2 hours must account for extra mileage, but that was not the case. So it’s better to charge the scooter for 6 hours straight, just to be on the safe side.
What we liked about Hiboy Max Electric scooter
- A safe and secured braking system
- With the optimum charge you can reach speed up to 19 miles, 20 if the roads are free of any obstacles
- Handles steep hills better than the competition
- The added benefit of a headlight makes it possible to commute during the night as well
- Superior build quality
- The app makes a lot easier to keep track on your scooter’s stats
- Simple locking mechanism
What we didn't like about Hiboy Max Electric scooter
- The biggest negative is the weight. The reinforced comes at the cost of weight. You can carry it for short distances, but walking with the Hiboy MAX electric scooter in hand becomes a challenge after a while.
- The shockers aren’t super effective on bumpy roads.
- The stem locking mechanism is quite close to the feet and you might trip it accidentally, so keep an eye out for that one.
The Hiboy Max Electric scooter is definitely a sturdy and choice you’re looking for a scooter that can hold its own in face of challenging weather conditions.
It offers a lot of cool features that were not available in scooters before. Such as the mobile app and the new and more powerful 350W engine.
I recommend the Hiboy Max, especially if you’re speed demon and prefer a fast commute to your desired destination.